Sunday, June 16, 2024

Recovery and Cross Training

It has been a week and a half since I've updated this blog. I went to track practice last Sunday, and I tried the 100 meter "tests." I only did three and still wasn't able to get to 50% of full sprint. I have been religiously doing the hamstring recovery/strengthening exercises every other day. I have been doing the Mill Climb (stairs) machine at the gym for cardio (30 minutes, lots of sweat and a good elevated heart rate). No pain with that. I have seen Dr. Aaron twice for acupuncture and cupping. It seems to really help. I have maintained my Pilates sessions with Megan and the daily truncated mat routine on days when I don't go to the studio for instruction. My hamstring is getting a little better each day. More flexibility, less tightness. I have registered for two more track meets this outdoor season: the USATF NJ (& Mid Atlantic) championship at Kean University in Union NJ on June 30th (two weeks from today), and the USATF Masters National Championship in Sacramento July 17-22. I have only registered for the 400m in both meets. I will have to see if I am able to sprint at 100% the week before the 30th, and if I cannot, I will scratch the meet entirely, which would be a total and complete bummer. I could not commit to even trying to run in a relay event, as it seems that my hamstring doesn't do well with quantity (whether that be trying to run everyday, or trying to run twice in one meet). I am hoping for the best, of course. The week ahead we are going to have a scorching heat wave, apparently, so I don't know what the prospects are for me training on the track at 11:00 AM will be. Acceptance and patience, once again, are my focus when I meditate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog