Friday, February 28, 2025 Had a great solo workout on the track today. I followed a workout Alison shared. It was 6 x 150 at a target of 22.5/23.5 seconds each with 4 min between. Then 2 sets of 300s in 66 ish. I had the wrong end point for the first three 150s (I thought it was the break line, but it's about 15 or so meters before that on the curve). So I estimated my first three at like 25 seconds. 4-6 were on target more or less (maybe a little slow) at 24, 23.5, and 23 seconds. My 300s were all consistent at 66 seconds or less. I took a long hot bath with epsom salts last night--maybe that is why my body felt better than ever today. I had minimal tightness, stiffness, soreness in my legs. It was great. After, I went to the gym to do my PT leg exercises and Pilates mat. Yesterday I did Pilates (slow jog to and from) and chest at gym. Wednesday I did gym, arms and back, Pilates mat. Tuesday was a great workout at the track with Alison and Lorraine. We did: 4 x 400, two min...
Popular posts from this blog
December 12, 2025 JC's Masters Track Career: A Timeline of Highlights (& Challenges) February, 2024: First official track practice after 40 years away from track/running. 59 (and 9 months) of age. March 3, 2024: First track practice with the Greater Philadelphia Track Club (distance group: 5 x 500 meters, 1 x 400 meters). March 4, 2024: On the treadmill at gym--pulled my right hamstring. Spent next three months trying to heal my leg. May 15, 2024 --I turned 60 years old. June 4, 2024: First Masters track meet at Elliot Denman Meet in NJ. Ran 1:03 in the 400 meters! Started the 800 meter race, but re-injured my right hamstring in the first 100 meters and I had to drop out of the race. June 30, 2024: Competed in my second track meet, the USATF NJ (& Mid Atlantic) championship at Kean University in Union NJ. Only ran the 400--came in at 1:05. Still trying to recover and rehab my right hamstring (which is still sore when I run at this point in time). July ...
Thursday, December 4, 2025 Had a good workout at the Ott Center track today. I followed a workout that I did in January with Alison and Lorraine: 2 x 600 (goal 2:05); 2 x 400 (goal 75 seconds); 2 x 200 (goal 34 seconds) with 3 minute rests between all intervals. I was a little slow on the 600s, especially the first one, running like 2:12, but got the second in 2:08. The 400s I did in 78 and 74 seconds. The 200s I was faster at 33 flat each. I had been to the Pilates studio prior for my reformer lesson, so my back was loosened up (it was stiff after yesterday's workout at the gym--I think the Heart Rate setting on the cycle is a lot tougher [harder to pedal] and it was hard on my lower back). I also did Pilates mat and my PT leg exercises yesterday. Here's a pic of me recovering today after the track work--legs up the wall for 20 minutes! I find this the best way to recover for my legs and whole body really: Tuesday I was also at the Ott track--I did 10 x 400 meters (which Alis...

Comments
Post a Comment