Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Back on the track!


 Beautiful day at Franklin Field. Basically had the track to myself again. Fine weather. Jogged to the Pilates studio for a session with Megan. Then I walked over to the stadium. My hamstring feeling pretty much healed. I feel slight tightness/a dull aching feeling in area above hamstring--like where my leg connects to my butt. It's definitely below a level 4, so I'm going to keep running! I had 9 days away; I used the compression balls during the drive from Chicago to Cali, and they really helped alleviate pains and cramps as I drove. Once in Cali, I practiced Pilates mat on three days, and on two days, I ran the nice hill next to my sister's house--5 times up and back the first day, which felt great. The day after, my butt was sore! Then I did that again another day, and I managed to run it 6 times. Yesterday I had Pilates mat in the morning, then I went to the gym and did a chest workout. I'm loving the bars! Chin-ups, dips, hangs, etc. Sore today from that. 

At the track today: I ran 3x 100 meter dashes, just to see how my hamstring was feeling. I ran at 70-80 percent I think. No pain. The times were: 22 seconds; 19 seconds; 18 seconds. Then I ran a 400 meter, at 1:27. I ran a 300 at 1 minute. And finally, a 200 at 37 seconds. I am feeling ambivalent about these times. On the one hand, it's great I was able to complete the track workout without my hamstring protesting. I know I am not in the best (or needed) cardiovascular shape, due to the two-month healing period I just endured. However, (on the other hand), I thought my times would be faster than they were. Patience and acceptance. I am where I am. Perhaps in can improve significantly by June 2 (the first meet--where I hope to run a 400 in . . . my goal is "around" a minute). 

Here is a video of me during a portion of the 200 meters:



I ended the track workout with a few stadium stair runs, then jogged home. Here is a vid of me running stairs:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog